Throughout this document, we may use certain words or phrases, and it is important that you understand the meaning of them. The following is a non-exhaustive list of definitions of words and phrases found in this document:
- “Agreement” means these Terms of Service;
- “Dashable” may, depending on the context, refer to a combination of all or some of: Our company, known as “Koombea Inc.,” our Site, or our Service;
- “Service” refers mainly to the timesheet service we provide, but in general also refers to the services that we provide through our Site or through any other venue, including our Site itself;
- “Site” refers to our website, www.dashable.com;
- “User” refers to users of our Service, whether paid or otherwise, and general visitors to our Site;
- “You” refers to you, the person who is entering into this Agreement with Koombea Inc.
3. Information Collected
Whenever you visit our Site, we may collect non-identifying information from you, such as your IP address, referring URL, browser, operating system, cookie information, and Internet Service Provider. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, this information alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
4. Use of Your Information
We may use your information to:
- Enhance or improve User experience, our Site, or our Service.
- Process transactions between you and Koombea Inc.
- Send e-mails about our Site or respond to inquiries.
- Send e-mails and updates about Dashable, including newsletters, downtime notifications, and other information.
- Perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our Site or Service.
5. Accessing, Editing, and Removing Your Information
Users may in some cases be able to review and edit the personal information they have provided to us, as well as timesheet data, by logging into their Dashable account and editing the information. Although most changes may occur immediately, information may still be stored in a web browser’s cache.
Additionally, because data may be visible to more than one authorized User (such as your team members and clients), information may be saved by a third party prior to the time that you delete it. We take no responsibility for stored information in your cache, or in other devices that may store information, or for information saved by third parties, and we disclaim all liability of such. In addition, we may, from time to time, retain residual information about you in our backup and/or database.
Additionally, Dashable uses Google AdSense as a method of monetizing our Site. AdSense uses the DoubleClick cookie. For more information about the DoubleClick cookie including information on how to disable it if desired, please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
7. Third Party Websites
Dashable may post links to third party websites on its Site. Additionally, content posted by Users with accounts on our Service contain third party website links or files. These third party websites are not screened for privacy or security issues by Dashable, and you release us from any liability for the conduct of these third party websites.
8. Third Party Access to Your Information
Although you are entering into an Agreement with Koombea Inc. to disclose your information to us, we do use third party individuals and organizations to assist us, including contractors, web hosts, and others.
Throughout the course of our provision of our Service to you, we may delegate our authority to collect, access, use, and disseminate your information. For example, our web host stores the information that you provide us, and we may hire outside contractors to perform maintenance or assist us in securing our website.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you agree that Koombea Inc. may share your information with the following third parties:
- Google Analytics
9. Release of Your Information for Legal Purposes
At times it may become necessary, to respond to the Internal Revenue Service or other law enforcement authorities, or for other purposes, to release your information in response to a request from a government agency or a private litigant. You agree that we may disclose your information to a third party where we believe, in good faith, that it is desirable to do so for the purposes of a civil action, criminal investigation, or other legal matter. In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either. We may also proactively report you, and release your information to, third parties where we believe that it is prudent to do so for legal reasons, such as our belief that you have engaged in fraudulent activities. You release us from any damages that may arise from or relate to the release of your information to a request from law enforcement agencies or private litigants.
10. Commercial and Non-Commercial Communications
11. Security Measures
We take certain measures to enhance the security of our Site and Service, such as using SSL certificates. However, we make no representations as to the security or privacy of your information. It is in our interest to keep our website secure, but we recommend that you use anti-virus software, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security threats.
12. California Online Privacy Protection Act
Minors under the age of thirteen may not submit information to us. If you become aware of a User who is under the required age to use our Service, please notify us immediately at email@example.com, and provide us with full details as to why you believe they are below that age and we will address the issue. If you are a User who is reported in this manner, we may require you to provide suitable proof of age, such as a copy of government identification, in order to continue using our Site and/or Service. As a User who registers for an account, you have a responsibility to ensure that all Users you authorize to use your account are above the required age.
14. International Transfer
Last Modified: September 28, 2012